10.09.2009

Snow

Well, the snow is here. This week started with slushy snow, which was incredibly nasty and yucky. Then on Thursday it lightly snowed but by noon it was gone with sunshine. Today, it is snowy and the highs over the weekend are in the 20's with lows in the teens. I think it will be snowy all weekend. It is nuts. I can not believe it is the first of October and we are having snow. We will be going to Target this weekend to purchase our snow gear. I will try to take some pictures. I took a couple this afternoon but you can't really see the snow blowing around and right now it has not accumulated much on the ground.
On another note, not sure if all of you know that I have gone back to work. I accepted a part time position with Bethany Christian Services. They are a christian adoption agency providing counseling services to birthparents and assisting adoptive couples in becoming parents. I started last week and have already met 3 birthmoms. I am very excited for this new opportunity. Hannah is still adjusting to her new school but I think it will come with time.
Chris is here for now but still staying incredibly busy. We are hoping that he will not have to go on any more trips until deployment but there is one potential field trip to the desert next week. Never a dull moment here.

1 comment:

sweet p. said...

I hope you appreciate my morning traffic/snow pointers - I feel responsible since I told you that winter wasn't crazy here - and the winter gods are proving me wrong.